Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Creative

Throughout the last several weeks we have read some interesting pieces of literature. I have begun to enjoy literature so much more because of this class. Some of the literary pieces stood out to me and some more than others. There was one in particular that truly jumped out to me and it was "HARRISON BERGERON" by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. This writing displayed an essence of human reality and a unrealistic extreme of reality. But overall it showed me a great message that everyone is not equal but truly desire to be. So with that I decided to write a poem in response to this literary piece.

Entitled: "Competition"

So many people, so much talent, so much beauty,
If I could only just be me.
Looking at others and looking at myself I want to
be something of importance.
So I ask how you think I look, and I enjoy your response,
while deep down inside thats not enough.

I look at others and see there smiles yet I see my frown
and wonder why. Why I can just be me.
So I walk, talk, and look waiting until the day I can be me.
Me and only me, not worrying about what you think
or what I think. Just being me.

I turn to my reflection and tell it to go away but it follows.

Yet I still just want to be me. Then I realize deep within that
I am in a competition with myself trying to be me.
So I look in the mirror one last time and what do I see see
see I see me
Just me being me.

By Kyshon Mitchell

Blog # 4

No comments:

Post a Comment