Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creative

In doing my reading for this week I chose to blog on Cathedral by Raymond Carver. This story really caught my attention I really enjoyed how the author used such serious life situations and phenomenons in our daily living to show the simplicity as well as the complexity of life. It was through this story that I realized how life is more precious and more serious for some more than others. I can recall in my reading that the husband wanted to to ask the blind man certain questions but he had to hold back because he knew the blind man did not have the proper response because he was blind. Therefore he had to readjust his conversation questions making sure he spoke to the blind man at his level. For people with sight that could be frustrating, but then the blind man took a leap of faith and asked a question about his beliefs.  Doing this it caused the husband to step out of his comfort zone which led to the blind man showing the husband how to allow the blind man to also see. I can say this story not only touched me, but gave me a different perspective on how blind people see people with sight. It shows me that one can truly see while there eyes are closed, and one can truly be blind while there eyes are wide open looking at the cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment